1. Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel can be credited with which of the following quotes:
a. “..it makes a lot of sense for us to move to congestion pricing to…really restrict some of these greenhouse gases that are released in the urban corridor.”
b. “Our vibrant, historic city will be a model for other communities around the world on the importance of addressing the threat of climate change.”
c. “President Donald Trump stepped back from the American dream….we as cities – from immigration to climate change – must step forward into that void.”
d. "Increasing density…is absolutely necessary to stop the suburban sprawl that fuels climate change.”
e. Climate change] is not debatable or negotiable.
2. The Chicago suburb with one of the lowest carbon footprints in the country is best known for:
a. A 19th century gazebo
b. A sculpture of cars impaled on a spike
c. A casino
d. A 150-year-old carousel
e. sculpture of planet earth, 50 ft in diameter
3. Can you match the Chicago suburb with its slogan? (choices: Berwyn, Forest Park, Maywood, Oak Park, Park Forest)
a. Village of Eternal Light
b. Live, Grow, Discover
c. City of Homes
d. Step Out of Line
e. Big City Access, Small Town Charm
4. Which of the above suburbs has the lowest household carbon footprint?
5. Which of the above suburbs has the highest household carbon footprint?
answer key: 1. a. Seattle, Jenny Durkan b. Miami, Philip Levine c. Chicago, Rahm Emanuel d. Minneapolis, Jacob Frey e. L.A. Eric Garcetti, 2. b, 3. a. Maywood b. Park Forest c. Berwyn d. Oak Park e. Forest Park 4. see chapter five of The Five-Ton Life 5. Park Forest